15 Things that make Krystal Millie Valdes Happy
Thank you for tagging me, overcomingobstacles !! I miss you dearly.
1. Watching movies and plays with at least one person that I know and a plethora of strangers. I think it is beautiful that we all get to experience something new at the same moment in our lives.
2. Acting. I have been going through a tough time lately and it’s mainly because I have not had the opportunity to do what I love most. I feel beyond myself when I am acting. My entire mindset changes when I am in a production. I am happier, more motivated, optimistic, think more clearly, am better at handling my interpersonal relationships…. I cannot wait for the opportunity to do it again.
3. Exploring different cities. I always imagine what it would be like to live there. Always. In a short amount of time, I usually fall in love with the place, and sadly have to leave soon after.
4. Chipotle/movie days with JPP. I miss them a lot because they use to happen a lot more frequently. BUT I am happy I get the occasional three or four a month. It’s a compilation of the very best things. Seriously.
5. Dancing and singing to oldies. I took a class in college with Teo Castellanos that I kid you not, changed my life. I went through “big changes” in my acting growth Junior year, and became more sure of who I am and what I want thanks to that man’s class. I now dance a little more crazily than I use to as a result, but it can really change how I feel about an entire day, week or month. Also, you know what they say. http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliapugachevsky/reasons-why-you-need-to-start-singing#3i7m6v7
6. When someone I care about shows me that the feeling is mutual. There is no feeling more beautiful.
7. Watching and rewatching movies by my favorite directors. Wes Anderson, David Fincher, Sophia Coppola.
8. Cute surprises.
9. Running. I love feeling fit but hate the idea of completely altering what I want to eat and when to do so. I also hate the idea of carrying really heavy things for no reason other than to have firmer muscles and the idea f passively stretching for hours. I live to move. I’ve been running long distance for about seven years now and I love it. It helps me think things through. Truly. I feel I’m constantly forced to make decisions without enough time to think them through and am thrown into difficult obstacles. When I run for a couple of hours, I see things far more clearly and work out the obstacles thrown before me in my mind.
10. Picking up hobbies. I love love LOVE learning new things. I just picked up roller skating to add to the long list. If anyone ever needs an embroidery hoop, or how to learn to drive stick shift, I’m your girl.
11. Spending time with my family. I feel most like myself when I am around them. With two jobs and personal problems to take care of, there is hardly ever any time to spend with them. They accept me for who I am and encourage me to embrace it. They are all sweet and well-meaning people that I’ve been lucky enough to have in my lineage.
12. Doing little touristy activities. Nothing better. Nothing cuter. Nothing sweeter.
14. Reading. Reading for hours. Reading just for 30 minutes. getting lost in a new world. Finding parallels to my own. Figuring the whole life thing out through literature. Seeing that other people have also gone through what I have. nothing better. Nothing. well, some things, but not many.
15. Writing and receiving letters from people that I love.
Here are the fifteen folks I would like to do this as well. Enjoy reminding yourself of what makes your life a little brighter. <3
anyoneseenick pricklylittleporcupine mydearbelle peterp4n faunastar cristyyysays brigagne ferrarelli mahalo- floralbreaths kimmdaley theearlofgrey yourebeautifulyouknow keepyourchinupdarlin20 @allisonthevegan